During term three of the 2020 school year, Police will be increasing their presence around high schools throughout Canterbury. The focus will be on negative driving behaviour of both students and other members of the public.
Police will be concentrating on the following road user and driving issues;
- Mobile phone use and other causes of distraction
- Breaches of Restricted and Learner driver licence conditions
- Unsafe speeds around the vicinity of schools
- Failure to wear seat-belts and incorrect seat-belt use
- Failure to wear cycle helmets
Please drive safely around schools