Hillmorton High School
Why give blood?
- Help save the life of up to 3 people with a single donation of blood
- Make a difference in your community by helping others
- Develop a sense of commitment to and connection with your fellow Kiwis
- Be assured that adequate supplies of blood are available for you, as well as your family and others
- Join a very special group of volunteers.
Get the app
Thank you to all our donors, you’re real life savers! And now we’ve made saving lives even easier with our new and improved app. It features everything you need to book your next blood donation appointment in New Zealand and much more.
- Book your next whole blood or plasma appointment (not available for platelet donors).
- Search for a place to donate.
- Look up your donation history.
- Book, reschedule or cancel an appointment.
Am I eligible to donate blood?
- New donors are accepted from their 16th birthday up to their 66th birthday.
- Existing/Regular donors are accepted up to their 71st birthday.
- Regular donors from 71st to their 76th birthday may be accepted subject to authorisation by a NZBS Medical Officer (please enquire at your next donation if you fall within these age limits).
- Weigh at least 50kg.
- First time donors who are under 25 years of age must also meet height and weight criteria. Find out if you meet the height and weight criteria by using our eligiblity quiz above.
- You must be in good health at the time you donate.
- You cannot donate if you have a cold, flu, sore throat, cold sore, stomach bug or any other infection.
- If you have recently had a tattoo or body piercing you cannot donate for 6 months from the date of the procedure.
- If you have visited the dentist for a minor procedure you must wait 24 hours before donating; for major work wait a month.
- If you have travelled to areas where mosquito-borne infections are endemic, e.g. malaria, and dengue and Zika virus infections then you may not be eligible.
- You must have eaten some food during the four hours prior to donation.
- 03 338 5119